The {little brass} book


Great minds think alike, no one spoke about small minds; little thoughts. All the illustrations and words you stumble upon on my blog hail from little red notebooks which I carry everywhere with me.

I like hand bound books and here’s something I made recently when I saw two nostalgic brass moulds in my junk world. Traditionally these moulds were rather are used to make a mouth watering sweet delicacy called the karanji. Karanji’s are made especially during Diwali and over the years our grandmothers have mastered the art of making perfect karanji. It is quite crucial in Marathi culture, trust me!

When I smelled these moulds, they smelled of a different era and they made for just a perfect opening for a little hand bound book where one could write stories, sketch and keep some secrets. Don’t miss the weathered bookmark that peeps out every now and then.







Sip some wine and have a nice week ahead!


Comments

Popular Posts