The incongruous {computer}


Just a day before the joyous day that marks the end of the month of Ramzan arrives; I meet Salim loitering in the lanes near my home. Salim lives in the old city and today happens to be a special day in his life when he collects junk from homes and sells it in a junkyard to fetch a good price so that he can buy new clothes and sweets to celebrate Eid-ul-fitr tomorrow.

What intrigued me was the little computer monitor lying on his cart. He was initially intimidated when I asked him if I could take a picture of him but when I told him that I was fascinated by the incongruous monitor on his cart he smiled warmly and stood next to his cart.



Like Salim I am sure you are looking forward to Eid and the aromas that are going to invigorate your taste buds.
{ Eid Mubarak }

Comments

Popular Posts