haathi mere saathi

Author Barry Lopez says, If stories come to you, care for them. And learn to give them away where they are needed. Sometimes a person needs a story more than food to stay alive. Perhaps that’s the reason I write because stories come to me and I try and articulate them in a linear form.

I know several parents who belong to the same generation I belong to and most of them are away from home all day and sometimes for days together for work. It’s a time where living itself is the costliest thing and hence young parents strive to balance their work with family.



‘Haathi mere saathi’ is a story of a boy who knows why his parents work so hard and are away from home most of the time. He longs for a sibling to share his space, his mind and his joy. In the eerie shadows of the night he finds a companion, larger than life and someone who was always inside him. 


You can read/download this story on : http://issuu.com/gauravogale/docs/hathi_mere_sathi



The magic begins when the things hidden inside us enchant us the most, many more stories coming out of my stomach soon!

Comments

Popular Posts