Food for the {nostalgic} soul


I am a three year old blogger today. And after spending three long years in this parallel world of blogging, the feeling of belonging to this world becomes more prominent within. I may sound a little illusory but that’s how it feels. To all the distant viewers from every corner of the world who share my blogs, write to me- here's a big hug!

I am just out of the long wedding celebration of my only constant companion; my sister and it will take a while for me to get back to the future. I will write and share some very interesting stories and photographs from the wedding very soon.



Today I have for you some mouth watering authentic Bawa food which will make this Tuesday morning a little more exciting. Dorabjee and sons has been a family haunt since ages. We all being true foodies at heart we frequently stopped by to pick up mutton cutlets and salli gosht and dessert which included the bright smile from of the owner. My first visit to this place was years back when I was around six years old and a cat had jumped on our table.

Nothing has changed over the years and I make sure I sit on the same table every time I go there, however the cat is missing. Very few places in the city have maintained their charm and taste like Dorabjee has.
So if you are in my nostalgic city you know where to head. If you already know this place you should thank me for reminding you. 

I would recommend my personal favorites- Mutton cutlet with pav, salli ghost, salli kheema, frames (a vibrant drink which you no more get there) & Malai kulfi.

Don’t miss the owners smile.

Comments

Popular Posts