My new series of paintings on "INFIDELITY"


It’s been really long I wrote something on my blog. I miss it and I realized it today while I was painting. After joining design school almost two years back, I did paint many times but that was for my assignments. Made myself believe that I was painting but I was not. I dint paint because I felt like or because I wanted to. I painted because I had to for my design submissions. People misunderstand the work done in design schools, We don’t paint.

Few days back when I made a pretty huge canvas painting “Sunflowers” I realized that now I am painting because I want to. And I am painting what I want. That’s the difference. There are some things that become a part of you as you grow up. Like painting and of course my blog. I write blogs not because I have to but because it has become a part of me now.

I saw kiran rao’s ‘dhobi ghat’ yesterday and I will write a separate note on it soon but the film made me think the way I used to again. It reminded me of a part of me I was ignoring for a long time, not intentionally. It was just not happening. I enjoyed the movie, I came back home after a yummy pasta at Marzorin but I was still thinking of something that was missing. I sat, wandered, and still could not figure out. I recollected the film and then I figured what was missing. Next thing I did was getting a canvas, red color (god knows why) and charcoal. Now I know what was missing, after flipping through a magazine at my masi’s place I knew what I wanted to paint next.

Films not always help you think better. But yes there are films who make you realize who you are and what you are supposed to do.

Comments

Popular Posts